Serve Together in Ministry
Habitat for Humanity of Miami County (HFHMCO) is a faith-based organization that provides moderate to low-income individuals and families the life-changing opportunity to purchase and own simple, quality, affordable homes.
Put Faith Into Action
Our mission is seeking to put God’s love into action; Habitat brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Habitat’s work as the common ground for an interfaith effort benefits the entire community.
What Your Church Can Do
Churches support our ministry in a number of ways, from volunteering to praying for our mission.
Church Partner Opportunities
Congregations of all sizes can partner with Habitat in a variety of ways. That partnership works best when we can help your church carry out its goals for ministry. What is God calling your church to do? Please consider these possibilities:
- Without the continuing prayers of millions of people, Habitat’s work could not continue.
- Encourage your congregation to include Habitat for Humanity of Miami County, OH in its mission work.
- Make regular donations to HFHMCO or collect special offerings.
- Provide in-kind goods and services. (For example, a plumber in your congregation might volunteer to do the plumbing work on a Habitat house.)
- Raise funds to build all or part of a house. A congregation may sponsor a house individually or join with another congregation to raise the money and build a house together.
- Tithe. Set aside one-tenth of regular donations for Habitat projects.
- Make an online donation to Habitat for Humanity of Miami County, OH.
- Build strength and unity within’ your congregation as you work toward the common goal of helping others.
- Organize volunteers for a house that your congregation funds or helps fund.
- Serve on a Habitat committee. Individuals are always needed to help with finding and selecting qualified homeowner applicants, nurturing family partners, recruiting church support and more.
How To Get Started