Habitat recognizes that part of making a great volunteer experience is promoting an atmosphere of safety. At the beginning of every volunteer shift we have a “Safety Talk”, where the site leader will review specific safety issues and hazards to look out for.
Safety issues change day to day, and Habitat for Humanity will provide any needed personal protective equipment.
- Safety glasses are required
- Practice ladder safety
- Team Lift any heavy material
- Stay hydrated
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Hard hats are required when there is overhead work
- Utilize a Controlled Access Zone when appropriate
Here is a helpful video about staying safe while volunteering at Habitat for Humanity: